Saturday, November 3, 2012

La Fortuna Costa Rica Boring as F**K

La Fortuna Costa Rica, boring as FUCK.

To the folks at 'Open Road Travel Guide' and specifically, 'Open Road's Best of Costa Rica' Travel Book,

You wrote this about La Fortuna Costa Rica:
Boring Fortuna. Fortuna is an uninteresting tourism-support town, which is useful for booking tours but not much else. Stay somewhere closer to the volcano, where you might see some action if the clouds ever clear up. The interesting places to stay are on the way to the lake, towards the town of Nuevo Arenal and beyond. Most lodges can help you arrange any of the local tours and activities. Without a car, transportation can be a bit of a problem.

First, I got to say, F**K YOU! You know, just so we're clear on what I think of your recommendation(s). After reading your BULLSHIT, my first inclination was to list ALL the GREAT things about La Fortuna but that seemed so defensive and grade-school like. So I decided to go with, "Sticks and stones may break my bones....." BUT really, you should be ashamed of yourself for writing such a blatantly untrue and deceptive review of La Fortuna. Obviously, I live here, I know you're full of shit...but most people don't have the foggiest idea of La Fortuna and they're going to take what you have written as the truth. Did I say , "fuck you"? For instance, your statement doesn't even make sense logistically for just the fact you tell people to stay in Nuevo Arenal and 'beyond' but do the tours in Fortuna... and you state it as such, "without a car, transportation can be a bit of a problem." NO SHIT DUMBASS. I could go on and on.....

I just want to know how you got the gig to write for a travel guide in the first place, you clearly did NOT spend time in La Fortuna, which makes your entire 'travel book' a little suspect to say the least. Really, I have so much shit I want to say,,,but I decided to take the 'high road' and make a video instead. But PLEASE, if you EVER want to debate 'boring' La Fortuna or your 'credituals' for that matter- I'm here, anytime. Anyway, here's the video.....

TONS of Costa Rica Travel Info and VIDEOS on our website: Travel Costa Rica NOW and if you want to visit our YouTube Channel: iCostaRica24 ENjoY!