Tuesday, October 14, 2008

La Fortuna Costa Rica- Gotta Start Somewhere pt. 1

I've been wanting to blog for the longest, but except for myspace which was so 5 years ago, had some other things to accomplish first. But now I am ready.

I think if people are going to invest time in reading your blog, they need to know at least a little about who's doing the blogging- a little personal background. I will attempt to be as brief as possible, but my life, so far, has been quite interesting, but anyways.....

I was married for 20 years (technically, I'm still married, but that's another story) I have 2 children, a boy- matthew (24) and a girl- Brittany (22). Unfortunately, the GAY thing got in the way of the marriage and we've been broken up now for 6 years (although she wanted to remain married- also another story). I'm gay, and can go back to the earliest of times, but I don't wear FAG* on my shoulder and it is a small part of who I am- I have brown hair as well if you get my meaning. I came to grips with it many years ago and really am quite over it. No disrespect intended, but don't really care what others think, life is too short. So, from time to time, I might mention gay stuff as it relates, or depending, but that's it. This is NOT a gay perspective blog ( but Do'in Gay Costa Rica IS) about living in Costa Rica as a gringo gay man, although from time to time...

In 2001, my family and I were on a reality show called 'Under One Roof,' and I will probably get into that more at a later time, but we won. And we won a big ass house on an island in Fiji. Afterwards, my wife, son and daughter basically spent the next few years making a go of it- working on yachts, crewing, traveling around Australia and New Zealand, living the life. We won a house, but our family had gotten quite dysfunctional after the show (also you guessed it- another story). I stayed in Las Vegas and came WAY out of the closet- even worked part time at a gaybar. Hooked up with the guy I'm still with, D'Angelo, in 2004. When I was bartending a guy came in and told me he owned a resort in Costa Rica. I'm thinking so what. But he came in 2 more nights, showed me DVD's of his place and invited me down. Honestly I thought he had other plans, but after months of e-mailing ("hey, how's vegas?" - "hey, how's Costa rica?" I decided to visit. Just to make sure, I asked him if I could bring D'Angelo, just so he wouldn't be 'thinking' anything. Long story short: after 2 weeks of seeing the country- bought ownership (small percentage) of the resort, bought some land, went back to vegas, sold everything, and me and D'Angelo moved here for good in November 2005.

If you need Costa Rica Travel Information then CHECK OUT our travel guide at: Travel Costa Rica NOW and see all our Costa Rica Travel Tip Videos on YouTube.