Monday, June 28, 2010

The BEAUTY of the Arenal Volcano

The Arenal Volcano, aka Volcan Arenal, in La Fortuna Costa Rica is truly a sight to BEHOLD.

D'Angelo and myself have lived in La Fortuna Costa Rica, home of the Arenal Volcano, for almost 5 years now. It's safe to say we LOVE it and having the Arenal Volcano outside our door is probably one of the BIGGER reasons we're enamored with the La Fortuna area in general.

They say, and I believe it to be TRUE (I've been to 'Burning Man'), that 'words' don't describe the BEST of things and this DEFINITELY holds true when attempting to describe the Arenal Volcano. Someone can tell you about it and even show pictures or videos but to me they usually just don't do it the justice it deserves. BUT to see the volcano for yourself at sunset or when the morning sun is hitting it just right, or the lightening is STRIKing all around it during a storm, well, that's where words just don't cut it. You have to experience Arenal and see it for yourself.

When Volcan Arenal erupts (which is approximately between 20-40 times a day), it's way COOL, but for me, just gazing on its magnificence and grandeur is MORE than enough. The Arenal Volcano is one of the view volcanoes I've seen that would be worth visiting even if it NEVER erupted- yeah, I said it.

Here's a series of 4 short videos of the Arenal Volcano (just to give you an idea):









TONS of Costa Rica Travel Info and VIDEOS on our website: Travel Costa Rica NOW and if you want to visit our YouTube Channel: iCostaRica24 ENjoY!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a great vacation in Costa Rica for few weeks.I stayed in an amazing hotel La Escuela Del Sol". But due to lack of time i couldn't visit that place. I must revisit costa rica to see this place.

Unknown said...

haha....that's the problem with Costa Rica, so MANY places to visit and so little time.