
Looks like Costa Rica is shooting itself in the foot again. This video was sent to me from a friend so I'm passing it on.... I don't know if this guys story is true but I know where I would lay my money. At the least, it's interesting and should be considered if you own or would like to own land in Costa Rica. Check it out,,,totally SUCKS and if it's true, goes way UP the ladder.
This VIDEO is about the 14 year struggle of Sheldon Haseltine to get land back from rich squatters, who hide behind "landless peasants" and cynically use the Costa Rica Justice System for their own benefit and profit.
"The real victim is Investment and Tourism in Costa Rica. If these hoggish hypocrites are allowed to get away with threatening me with jail after the Tribunal has ruled in our favor then the law is merely a tool for sanctioning land grabs. If they get away with this, no foreigner and Tico is immune from this kind of voracious swindle. That they hid behind the skirts of a campesino like cowards say it all . It was only by providence that we discovered the real truth behind this squalid swindle." -S. Haseltine
PS. For you Costa Rica bloggers out there- PASS this ON, it's the least we could do.
TONS of Costa Rica Travel Info and VIDEOS on our website: Travel Costa Rica NOW and if you want to visit our YouTube Channel: iCostaRica24 ENjoY!
Travel to costa rica · 676 weeks ago
Caroline · 675 weeks ago
michael_alan 33p · 675 weeks ago
John Edwards · 672 weeks ago
judith kent · 606 weeks ago
Trevor Chilton · 584 weeks ago
Judith I have left you alone only because of your loss after you malicious attack that was based on nothing more than hot air and blatant lies you presented to the court system. This dragged me through the mud for 3 years. I beat this without even hiring a lawyer I might add. Now over two years after this was settled with my exoneration in Nov. 2011. Yet you are stupid enough to make public defamation statements after loosing in the courts. Now I see no reason to feel sorry for your loss and am turning your well recorded offenses over to the authorities and you will find out what it costs when you flap your mouth in public and utter false statements. Let this be a lesson to other readers when you take dirty laundry out in public you best be certain it is true and not a simple a fabrication.
Trevor Chilton
sheldon haseltine · 673 weeks ago
michael alan · 673 weeks ago
Daniel Mcdams · 653 weeks ago
Aheldon Haseltine · 650 weeks ago
Aheldon Haseltine · 647 weeks ago
By the A.M. Costa Rica staff 11/06/2012
An expat who has been facing a forgery allegation has been cleared by an appeals judge.
For the expat, Sheldon Hazeltine, the decision was the third in a series of three hearing and three appeals. Two previous appeals judges remanded the case back for a new hearing.
In a written decision, Verónica Elizondo Murillo, the judge in Puntarenas, said she could find little evidence against Hazeltine or his lawyer, Horacio Mejias Portuguez. Both had been accused.
The allegations were brought by well-known businessman Armando González Fonseca and Martha Sandoval Fernández, a woman who once lived on land that is the subject of a civil dispute.
The forgery allegation was criminal. Gozález and his lawyer, Otto Giovanny Ceciliano Mora, said that the men forged a document that allowed them to represent a company in the civil case.
The decision in the third hearing was handed down Oct. 9. That decision was the third to absolve the two men of the criminal allegation. But the decisions in two previous hearings were overturned on appeal.
Hazeltine has become a poster boy of sorts for expats involved in property disputes. He has been fighting over ownership of land near Los Sueños for nearly two decades.
The appeals judge upheld a money decision against Ms. Sandoval for 15.2 million colons or about $30,600. The judge overturned a money award against González and left the amount for future litigation.
Hazeltine was the man who posted a YouTube video critical of property fraud in Costa Rica. The nine-page decision mostly addressed legal issues that were raised in the appeal.
González had challenged a document that carried the seal of the Costa Rican consul in The Bahamas that related to a Panamá company owned by Hazeltine and his partners in the civil case. That the document was legitimate was established in each of the three trials.
Had the document been voided as being fraudulent, González would have had a strong advantage in the civil case. Hazeltine had contended for a long time that the criminal case was strategic and linked to the civil trial. The judge had the option to move the case forward for a full trial.